This is a four (4) week course.
This course is designed to give learners a basic introduction to the film/ video production process and enable them to produce a completed project by the end of the course. It will also give them a greater insight into how to produce screenplays, use camera, lighting, sound and editing equipment. In addition the learner will have a greater awareness of how the media industries operate.
Weeks 1 to 8
- WEEK 1: CAREER DEVELOPMENT FOR THE MOVING IMAGE INDUSTRIES
- WEEK 1: PRACTICAL SKILLS FOR MOVING IMAGE PRODUCTION
- WEEK 1: THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
- WEEK 2: SCRIPTWRITING FOR MOVING IMAGE FICTION
- WEEK 2: CREATE A SHORT FILM (2mins)
- WEEK 3: FICTION PRODUCTION FOR THE MOVING IMAGE
- WEEK 3: CREATE A SHORT FICTION DRAMA PROJECT (5mins) DEVELOPMENT/ PRODUCTION
- WEEK 4: CREATE A SHORT FICTION DRAMA PROJECT (5mins) POST PRODUCTION/ SC
Teaching consists of up to 8 hours per week with an additional hour for tutorial. A combination of teaching sessions combined with practical hands on experience.
An interest and enthusiasm for film and TV production
Additional Learning Support:
Learners may discuss their additional support needs with tutors, so that they are made aware of what is possible in terms of assistance with the learning process.