This is an eight (8) week course.
This course is designed to give learners a higher level of learning at intermediate level within the film/ video production process, and enable them to produce a short film by the end of the course. It will give them a greater insight into how to produce screenplays, use camera, lighting, sound and editing equipment by looking at specific production techniques used within the disciplines of camera and lighting. In addition the learner will have a greater awareness of how the media industries operate.
Weeks 1 to 8
- WEEK 1: CAREER DEVELOPMENT FOR THE MOVING IMAGE INDUSTRIES
- WEEK 1: PRACTICAL SKILLS FOR MOVING IMAGE PRODUCTION
- WEEK 1: THE PRODUCTION PROCESS
- WEEK 2: CAMERA AND LIGHTING TECHNIQUES
- WEEK 3: SCRIPTWRITING FOR MOVING IMAGE FICTION
- WEEK 3: CREATE A SHORT FILM (5mins)
- WEEK 3: FICTION PRODUCTION FOR THE MOVING IMAGE
- WEEK 4: PRODUCER FOR MOVING IMAGE PRODUCTION
- WEEK 5: DIRECTOR FOR MOVING IMAGE PRODUCTION
- WEEK 5: CREATE A SHORT FICTION DRAMA PROJECT (15mins) DEVELOPMENT
- WEEK 6: CREATE A SHORT FICTION DRAMA PROJECT (15mins) PRODUCTION
- WEEK 7: CREATE A SHORT FICTION DRAMA PROJECT (15mins) PRODUCTION /POST PRODUCTION
- WEEK 8: CREATE A SHORT FICTION DRAMA PROJECT (15mins) POST PRODUCTION/ SCREENING
Teaching consists of up to 8 hours per week with an additional hour for tutorial. A combination of teaching sessions combined with practical hands on experience.
An interest and enthusiasm for film and TV production
Additional Learning Support:
Learners may discuss their additional support needs with tutors, so that they are made aware of what is possible in terms of assistance with the learning process.