HNC in Creative Media Production (Edexcel BTEC) Level 4
This is a one (1) year full time course.
This course will offer the learner a good introduction to creative media production, by focusing on giving them the opportunity to gain both the theoretical knowledge, as well as gaining a greater understanding of professional production associated with the film and television industries.
The course will give learners the opportunity to learn how to use camera, lighting, sound and editing equipment. The learner will also gain an in depth understanding of how the media industry is structured, and learn how they can develop a career in this challenging, exciting, dynamic industry.
The Units available are:
- UNIT 1: Contextual Studies for Creative Media Production
- UNIT 2: Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
- UNIT 3: Project design, implementation and evaluation
- UNIT 4: Special subject investigation for creative media production
- UNIT 6: Practical skills for moving image production
- UNIT 58: Sound design for moving image production
- UNIT 11: Film Studies
- UNIT 16: Career development for the moving image industries
Edexcel BTEC Level 4 HNC in Creative Media Production.
Opportunities for progression:
Learners have the option to upgrade their qualification with an additional year that enables them to convert their
qualification to degree level.
- An interest and enthusiasm for film and TV production
- 160 UCAS points or equivalent
- GCSE English Language and grade C
Additional Learning Support:
Learners may discuss their additional support needs with tutors, so that they are made aware of what is possible in terms of assistance with the learning process.