WelCome To WFS!
HND in
creative media
HNC in
creative media
Media 12 week course
Media 8 week course


WFS welcomes students from all over the world onto our courses. It is our strong believe that getting students from different cultures onto our programmes will further enrich the learning process and offer learners an even greater cultural experience.

Students who intend to enrol onto our courses can get useful information about studying in the UK from: UKCISA. This site includes guidance notes on finance, immigration, working in the UK, health and more. The WFS has been licensed by the UK Border Agency to enrol International Students under tier 4 of the Points Based System.

Immigration And Visas

If you are a national of a country outside of the EEA and Switzerland and you are coming to study a programme lasting more than six months then you must apply for a Tier 4 student visa. Please use the UK Border Agency questionnaire to find out if you are required to get a Tier 4 student visa.

For full visa information, visit the UK Border Agency's website.

The information below is for students who will be applying for Tier 4 (General) Student Visa from within their home country or outside of the UK.

What is a Confirmation of Acceptance For Studies (CAS)?

Before you can apply for permission to enter or remain in the UK under Tier 4 (General), we must assign a confirmation of acceptance for studies (CAS) to you. This confirms that you have been given an unconditional offer of a place on a course of study with a licensed Tier 4 sponsor.

A CAS is not an actual document but a virtual record held on the UKBA Sponsorship Management System. You will receive a CAS Number, which is a unique 14-digit reference number, containing a mixture of letters and numbers. This number links your visa application with the information contained in your CAS record. Information about you, your course and how we have assessed your suitability for the course are all contained within your CAS record.

A CAS is valid for 6 months from the date it is issued.

Information On Student Visitor Visas

International students studying on a course, which is 6 months, or less in duration can now apply for leave to enter the UK as a Student Visitor. This new category allows for short-term students to undertake a short period of study during their visit to the UK. As a Student Visitor, you would be required to meet the requirements of the rules relating to visitors. The maximum period of leave allowed in this category is six months and there are no provisions for Student Visitors to extend their leave in the UK or switch in-country to any other category. If you wished to follow a further course of study you would have to return to your home country to obtain a visa.

Visa National Students

If you are from one of the countries listed here then you are considered a UK national and will be required to apply for leave to enter as Student Visitor prior to your entry into the UK.

Non - Visa National Students

If you are from a country that is not listed here then you are considered a non-visa national. If you wish to study for a course for six months or less, and do not wish to seek employment then you are not required under UK immigration law to obtain prior entry clearance. However, upon arrival you may seek leave to enter as a Student Visitor by presenting the immigration officers with details of course i.e. your offer letter. You will also be required to show that you have the financial means to meet the costs of your stay in the UK.

Language Level Requirements

Due to the technical nature of some of the languages used on our courses, it is essential that you have a good command of English. All students whose first language is not English must provide recent evidence that their English language ability is sufficient for ht e programmes for which they have applied. This must be evidence in the form of a Secure English Language Test (SELT) such as IELTS, TOEFL or PEARSON. You will need to be upper intermediate or above, which is equivalent to 6.5 – 7 on the IELTS test, a TOEFL score of 87 – 100 on the iBT test. You can test your language skills or book a test by visiting TOEFL, PEARSON, or the IELTS website.

Tier 4 (General) – UKBA EGLISH Language Requirements

The UK Boarder Agency (UKBA) require educational institutions to verify that applicants have achieved a specified minimum skills level in English before we are permitted to issue the Confirmation of Acceptance For Studies (CAS) which you need in order to apply for your visa.

See the official list of UKBA approved English Language Tests.

Recent Project

Creative Media Production 4 week course
Creative Media - Screen Writing
Creative Media - Film/ Video Editing Course