HND in Creative Media Production (Edexcel BTEC) Level 5
This is a two (2) year full time course.
This course will enable the learner to gain an in depth understanding of professional production associated with film and television industries over a period of two years, in addition to the theoretical knowledge which underpins the practical production process. It will give learners the opportunity to develop an extensive range of production skills, such as learn how to write screenplays, use camera, lighting, sound and editing equipment. The learner will also gain an in depth understanding of how the media industry is structured, and learn how they can develop a career in this challenging, exciting, dynamic industry.
The Units available are:
- UNIT 1: Contextual Studies for Creative Media Production
- UNIT 2: Research Techniques for Creative Media Production
- UNIT 3: Project design, implementation and evaluation
- UNIT 4: Special subject investigation for creative media production
- UNIT 6: Practical skills for moving image production
- UNIT 58: Sound design for moving image production
- UNIT 11: Film Studies
- UNIT 16: Career development for the moving image industries
- UNIT 59: Producer for moving image production
- UNIT 60: Director for moving image production
- UNIT 61: Moving image documentary production
- UNIT 32: Promotional video production
- UNIT 36: Music video production
- UNIT 63: Scriptwriting for moving image fiction
- UNIT 33: Fiction production for the moving image
- UNIT 80: Work experience in the creative sector
Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND in Creative Media Production.
Opportunities for progression:
Learners have the option to upgrade their qualification with an additional year that enables them to convert their qualification to degree level.
- An interest and enthusiasm for film and TV production
- 160 UCAS points or equivalent
- GCSE English Language and grade C
Additional Learning Support:
Learners may discuss their additional support needs with tutors, so that they are made aware of what is possible in terms of assistance with the learning process.